I’m joining Louise Gale’s invite to write 3 – 5 things on a Friday that make me smile, that I am grateful for, thankful for, went well that week or simply made me smile out loud. The idea being that if 1000′s of people put out that good positive energy all on the same day, sending a heart energy vibration out into the world, we will be radiating all that positive energy around you, your friends, family, co-workers and passers by on the street.
So, the five things that made me smile and that I’m grateful this week are:
1) Discovering Jackie Hall’s “Self Help for Mums” Webinar, book and Facebook page. I could relate 100% to her webinar on Motherhood stress and depression and have been putting into practice being “real” with where my life has taken me and valuing myself for me – my own “self worth”.
2) Being contacted by my old boss from my SuperCheap Auto days for design work in the New Year. I am truly thankful, it couldn’t have come at a better time for us and it will enable me to work from home, giving more precious time with my beautiful baby.
3) Meeting Alison Hill from Maximising Maternity. A kindred spirit. Looking at what they are offering to corporate organisations and how they are packaging their services. An inspiration.
4) Queensland passes same-sex civil unions. The bill will grant same-sex couples the right to enter in to legally recognised civil unions. I think this is fantastic for gay couples who have every right to be treated the same as heterosexual couples. Hooray!
5) My family. To my husband and parents who have been a wonderful support to me over the last 6 months. My beautiful daughter who is now 12 weeks – every day I feel a new connection to her, like a flower going from a bud to full bloom. My son makes me feel proud – he has just finished year 2 and growing everyday from a boy to a man, asking questions and discovering more about the world.
What were 3 – 5 things you are grateful for, made you smile or someone or something did for you that you’d like to share? Click on the Friday Joy Jam link below to read other people’s stories and join in. You can express your joy in anyway you like – through photos, a poem, a video, podcast, a song, the written word or a simple list.